A Little About Me

To start things off my name is Tyler H. and I go to Plymouth State University. I am majoring in Early Childhood Education, but I also have a love for psychology. I really started to think about what I wanted to do with my life in the middle of high school, I was never the kid who at age five knew what she wanted to do with her life.

I always knew I enjoyed children and enjoyed psychology. For a while I was trying to put together what job I could get a degree in that combines children and psychology. The first idea that came to mind was “I could be a child psychologist!”, but then again I realized that I would be helping children who have rough home lives, or children who are suffering with depression, etc. I have too big of a heart to see a child suffering, but as a child psychologist you are not allowed to get involved so no calling DCYF or talking to the parents about why the child is suffering. That was just too hard for me to swallow.

In the end, the job I decided to go to college for is an early childhood education teacher, which covers birth to 3rd grade. I started to work at the on campus daycare and that got me thinking yet again about what I really wanted to do. I came to realize that I mostly enjoy being around babies, toddlers, and early preschoolers (birth- yr. 3).

In the end I figured out that I want to be a lead teacher at a daycare in a toddler classroom and also be a Mommy and Me yoga instructor for mom’s and their toddlers. That’s a little bit about me.

One thought on “A Little About Me